The website www.flos.com (hereinafter, the "Site") is managed by Flos S.p.A., with registered office at Via Angelo Faini, 2 – 25073 Bovezzo (Brescia) (hereinafter, "Flos" or the "Data Controller"), which can be contacted at the following e-mail address: email@example.com
1. WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookies are small text strings that the Site sends to the user's browser (e.g., on a computer, smartphone, tablet, etc.), where they are stored and used to track certain aspects of the user’s browsing behavior.
2. WHAT ARE COOKIES USED FOR?
- Facilitating the user's browsing on the Site and access to the services offered.
- Remembering a user’s settings each time he/she accesses the Site.
- Improving the services provided through the Site by analyzing the information obtained through cookies.
- Providing personalized experiences based on the choices made by the user.
3. WHICH CATEGORIES OF COOKIES ARE USED ON THIS SITE?
The cookies used on this Site may be distinguished by the following criteria:
3.1 Based on who manages cookies:
- First party cookies: these are cookies installed directly by the Data Controller (or processors acting on its behalf) through the Site. The Data Controller processes the data collected from the first party cookies for its own purposes, regardless of whether it programmed the cookie itself or has implemented the cookie of another legal entity;
- Third party cookies: these are cookies installed through the Site by third parties other than Flos and processed by such third parties for purposes they solely determine. In particular, such cookies are controlled in their entirety by the relevant third party as set out in their respective privacy and cookie policies. Third parties use the cookies to track user behavior on the Site and across other third-party websites (especially for user-specific advertising);
3.2 Based on the time they remain enabled:
- Session cookies: these cookies store the necessary information during the browsing session and are deleted immediately after the session expires, i.e. when the browser is closed;
- Persistent cookies: these cookies are stored on the user's hard disk and the Site reads them each time the user visits the Site. A persistent cookie may have a specific expiry date, after which it will stop working;
3.3 Based on the purpose:
- Technical cookies: these cookies are necessary to allow the user to browse the Site and to benefit from its functionalities. If strictly necessary for the use of the Site, these cookies do not require the user’s prior consent and cannot be switched off. In this case, technical cookies are also named “strictly necessary cookies”. Instead, where technical cookies enable certain functionalities and services, enhancing the Site, they are called “functional cookies”. In any case, without these cookies some services or functions could not be provided and the browsing of the Site would not be easy and functional;
- Analytics cookies: these cookies are used to obtain statistical information, in an aggregate manner or not, on the number of users accessing the Site and about how the Site is used. For this reason, analytics are also known as “performance cookies” since they assess the overall performance of the Site. Where required by the applicable laws, if the user does not consent to these types of cookies, the Data Controller will not be able to improve the Site based on information from the user’s visit;
- Profiling or targeting cookies: these cookies are used to track the user and their behavior to display advertisements to the user based on their interests, tastes, and consumption habits. If the user does not consent to these types of cookies, he/she will experience less targeted advertising (but not less advertising overall).
The Site uses technical – both strictly necessary and functional – cookies as well as analytics or performance cookies and profiling or targeting cookies.
4. HOW TO MANAGE COOKIES?
In principle, it is possible to use the Site without cookies, but it may alter the functioning or availability of the Site. If the user wishes to make use of the full Site features, he/she should accept cookies that enable certain features or make it more convenient for the user to do so. The user can exercise his/her choice per cookie purpose as provided below.
In particular, pursuant to the applicable data protection laws, the installation of functional (i.e., technical cookies other than strictly necessary), analytics and third-party profiling cookies requires the user’s prior consent.
First visit to the Site: when the user accesses the Site, a banner is displayed, informing him/her that (i) analytics and/or third-party profiling cookies are used on the Site, and that (ii) by clicking on the cookie acceptance button, he/she consents to their use. The user can also decide which cookies to install on the Site by clicking on the appropriate cookie management section and selecting his/her preferences. If the user consents to the installation of cookies, Flos will track his/her consent by means of a technical cookie. Thus, the cookie banner will not be shown to the user in case of subsequent visits to the Site
Subsequent visits to the Site: the user can opt-out of the use of third-party advertising and analytics cookies at any time (even if the user previously accepted such cookies) by using the cookie management section.
- Browser settings: the user can also decide to generally subject the installation of any type of cookie to his/her acceptance or to generally prevent it. Each browser’s setup is different, and it is described in the "Help" menu of the browser itself. In order to understand how to set the cookies, the user can consult the instructions provided by the providers of the most popular browsers, which are available at the following links:
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
- Internet Explorer
Where the user utilizes a different browser, Flos recommends checking the manual of the specific browser used in order to understand how to configure the cookie management.
Other tools: furthermore, with specific reference to third party cookies, users are free to block the installation of all or some of these cookies or to withdraw their consent at any time, without compromising their ability to visit the Site and enjoy its contents. In order to proceed with the deactivation or to find out how to do it, please also read carefully the third-party cookie information notices following the links in the table above. The user can also manage his/her preferences on third party cookies by visiting the website Your Online Choices or All About Computer Cookies and following the instructions provided there.
You can also control how participating third-party ad companies use the information that they collect about your visits to our Site, and those of third parties, to display more relevant targeted advertising to you. If you are in the U.S., you can obtain more information and opt out of receiving targeted ads from participating third-party ad networks at aboutads.info/choices (Digital Advertising Alliance). Opting out of participating third party ad networks does not opt you out of being served advertising. You may continue to receive generic or “contextual” ads for our products online. You may also continue to receive targeted ads on other websites, from companies that do not participate in the above programs.
5. WHICH COOKIES DOES THE SITE USE?
5.1 Technical Cookies
Technical cookies are those that the Data Controller uses for the sole purpose of allowing the user to visit and use the Site . They can be further divided into:
- Browser cookies: these cookies guarantee browsing and use of the Site, allowing, for instance, to book an appointment or to authenticate for accessing reserved areas. Therefore, they are strictly necessary for the browsing and use of the Site and, thus, do not require the user's consent. These are generally session cookies, which are automatically deleted when closing the browser;
- Functionality cookies: these cookies allow the user to browse the Site according to a set of selected criteria (for instance, the language or country of origin) in order to improve the service provided on the Site. Therefore, without the user's consent, some of the services and functionalities provided on the Site may not function properly. These are persistent cookies, which remain on the computer in use even after the browser is closed, until the expiry date provided for each cookie (typically from two months to two years) or the user deletes them.
The following technical cookies, bot strictly necessary and/or functional, are currently used on the site:
Technical cookies (first party and third party)
Name of the party placing the cookie: Flos - Cookie name: flos-accepted - Cookie purpose: Functional, see if user has accepted the cookies in order to show or hide the cookie banner - Cookie retention: 12 months
Name of the party placing the cookie: Flos - Cookie name: flos-version - Cookie purpose: Functional, be able to add a new version if something changes that requires all (recurring) users to accept the cookies again - Cookie retention: 12 months
Name of the party placing the cookie: Flos - Cookie name: flos-functional - Cookie purpose: Functional, set website specific cookies like the country and language to determine to show or hide the shop selector - Cookie retention: 12 months
Name of the party placing the cookie: Flos - Cookie name: flos-country - Cookie purpose: Functional, redirect the user to the right shop for their country - Cookie retention: 12 months
Name of the party placing the cookie: Flos - Cookie name: flos-language - Cookie purpose: Functional, redirect the user to the right shop for their language - Cookie retention: 12 months
Name of the party placing the cookie: Salesforce - Cookie name: SFCC platform cookies- Cookie purpose: Functional, SFCC platform cookies to operate the site - Duration: 12 months - Link
Other than as per the general browser settings (as explained above), The user can generally deactivate first party technical cookies that are strictly necessary (i.e. not requiring the user's consent) by clicking on the relevant links listed above or, in case of third party cookies, by accessing the respective privacy information notices and, where relevant, consent forms. However, by deleting or blocking these cookies, the Site (or its functionalities) may not work properly or efficiently.
5.2 Analytics or Performance Cookie
Analytics cookies are used on the Site to collect statistical information, in an aggregate or individual manner, on the number of users accessing the Site and about how they visit the Site. Without the user's consent, Flos will not be able to improve the Site based on information from the user's visit.
The following performance cookies, including third party analytics cookies, are installed on the Site:
Performance cookies (first party and third party)
Name of the party placing the cookie: Flos - Cookie name: flos-accepted - Cookie purpose: Analytics, to see if a user has accepted the cookies in order to show or hide the cookie banner - Cookie retention: 12 months
5.3 Profiling or Targeting Cookies
Profiling cookies are used to create a profile of the user, based on his/her preferences and interests when surfing the net, in order to offer targeted advertisements. In this way, the advertisements shown on the Site can be more interesting for the user.
Targeting cookies are installed by third parties who act as independent data controllers or possibly also as joint controller together with Flos (third party cookies). Please find below the list of the third-party profiling cookies currently used on the Site, together with the link to the privacy information pages created by their product developers.
Third party profiling cookies
Name of the service / party placing the cookie: Flos - Cookie name: flos-advertising - Cookie purpose: Advertising, show media, like embedded videos - Cookie retention: 12 months
Name of the service / party placing the cookie: Vimeo - Cookie name: video platform - Cookie purpose: specific cookies that video platforms (vimeo/youtube) sets when a video is loaded or played - Cookie retention: 12 months - Link
Name of the service / party placing the cookie: Zendesk - Cookie name: Zendesk Chat - Cookie purpose: : Advertising, cookies that Flos Customer Service can set when a user uses the chat - Cookie retention: 12 months - Link
Name of the service / party placing the cookie: Xandr- Cookie name:Xandr Pixel - Cookie purpose: Advertising, track user actions on website - Cookie retention: 12 months - Link
As indicated above, the cookie preferences and consents can be managed by accessing the cookie management section.
The Site also provides for "social media cookies" or "social buttons", i.e. plug-ins for interaction with social networks, which allow users to share their information and contents with social networks and social network operators/managers, to identify users and to store information relating to the use of the Site in their profiles. We have ensured that such interaction with social networks only happens if the user has specifically requested that. Users can consult the information on the data management carried out by the relevant social network at the following links:
6. ARE DATA TRANSFERRED ABROAD?
The data processing carried out in the context of this Cookies Policy may entail the transfer of personal data to third countries outside the European Economic Area which do not benefit from a decision of adequacy by the European Commission and do not offer the same level of data protection as in the European Union. In such case, Flos has implemented appropriate safeguards, including the stipulation of standard contractual clauses approved by the European Commission and/or additional contractual measures to ensure the protection of the personal data transferred. Such safeguards are available by reaching out to Flos at the contact details below.
7. HOW TO CONTACT FLOS?
For further information, including on privacy rights and how to exercise them, please read the Privacy Information Notice available on the Site or contact Flos at the following e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org