Flos for Planet
Sustainability path: from reporting to planning
Flos has established three main pillars that constitute the foundation of its sustainability strategy, as outlined in Flos Sustainability Policy:
Energy and Materials: aware that global challenges are closely linked to energy and materials, respectively interconnected to climate change and circular economy aspects, Flos strives to mitigate and optimise its direct and indirect consumption of these resources.
Development and Wellbeing: Flos puts its workforce, regardless of their role, at the centre of its strategies aiming at cultivating an inspiring, inclusive and motivating working environment.
Heritage and Know-How: Flos’ most valuable asset in the path towards sustainability is strongly related to its heritage of design icons and its technological know-how.
Design for the Planet
To foster our commitment to sustainability, blending innovation, eco-design and circularity principles in our business activities and throughout our value chain. Flos aims at improving its overall environmental footprint along the value chain. Aware that global challenges are closely linked to energy and materials, respectively interconnected to climate change and circular economy aspects, Flos strives to mitigate and optimise its direct and indirect consumption of these resources. In this regard, Flos is committed to:
- continuously monitor its energy and materials consumption as well as the related greenhouse gas emissions generated;
- identify and carry out optimisation activities intended to progressively reduce environmental impacts related to energy and materials;
- use the best available technologies and solutions in order to balance product quality, performance and durability with environmental burdens.
Design for the People
To ensure a thriving workplace that guarantees fairness and inclusion as well as generating value for communities around the world. Flos believes that its employees, through their passion and expertise, represent the essence of its brand's success worldwide. Flos puts its workforce, regardless their role, at the center of its strategies aiming at cultivating an inspiring, inclusive and motivating working environment. To this extent, Flos undertakes to:
- invest in training activities and development programmes dedicated to employee personal and professional improvement;
- promote a rewarding and inclusive working environment in order to recognise and empower employee talent, in line with everyone's potential and aspiration.
Design for Culture
To nurture our Brands’ identities by preserving craft manship and design heritage, from scientific research to the preservation of design legacies, for the benefit of future generations. Flos' most valuable asset in the path towards sustainability is strongly related to its heritage of design icons and its technological know-how. Flos is therefore committed to actively exploiting its intangible resources to contribute to addressing the challenges that the lighting industry, both from an artistic and a technological standpoint, is facing. In doing so, Flos aims to:
- play an active role in the development of new innovative solutions that are able to enhance people's physical and emotional wellbeing through investing in research and technological innovation;
- promote and disseminate the art and design culture amongst the community as an integral part of its sustainability strategy.