Flos is deeply convinced that the creation of light through the conception and the design of new lighting solutions is an act of profound responsibility
Sustainability for Flos means indeed being able to combine its renowned tradition of timeless design, quality and innovation with the challenges and the opportunities posed by sustainable development. In line with its commitment to the principles and vision of the United Nations Global Compact, this Policy aims at defining Flos’ sustainability pillars, namely the areas in which Flos can contribute the most.
Flos’ commitment towards sustainability is rooted in its Code of Ethics, which identifies the guiding values for all its employees and business partners worldwide. Among these, the principles that actively guide Flos’ sustainability path are:
RESPECT FOR THE ENVIRONMENT
Recognizing the importance to protect the environment and to safeguard and take all the appropriate and necessary measures to minimize the impact of its activities
VALUE OF THE PERSON
Identifying and enhancing the talents of each collaborator for the professional growth of the individual as an essential element for the Company’s development
FAIRNESS AND LOYALTY
Trusting in others, starting with the collaborators, to promote team spirit and to foster a tranquil and serene work environment
LEGALITY AND INTEGRITY
Basing daily activities on honesty, transparency and good faith and complying with the laws and regulations in force, as well as with the procedures and rules of conduct adopted by the Company
Specifically, Flos’ sustainability commitments are framed within the following strategic binomials:
ENERGY AND MATERIALS
Flos’ aims at improving its overall environmental footprint along the value chain. Aware that global challenges are closely linked to energy and materials, respectively interconnected to climate change and circular economy aspects, Flos strives to mitigate and optimize its direct and indirect consumption of these resources.
Flos is committed to:
– continuously monitor its energy and materials consumption as well as the related greenhouse gas emissions generated;
– identify and carry out optimization activities intended to progressively reduce environmental impacts related to energy and materials;
– balance products’ quality, performance and durability with environmental burdens by implementing the best available technologies and solutions.
DEVELOPMENT AND WELLBEING
Flos believes that its employees, through their passion and expertise, represent the essence of its brand success worldwide. Flos puts its workforce, regardless their role, at the center of its strategies aiming at cultivating an inspiring, inclusive and motivating working environment.
To this extent, Flos undertakes to:
– invest in training activities and development programs dedicated to employee personal and professional improvement;
– promote a rewarding and inclusive working environment in order to recognize and empower employee talent, in line with everyone’s potential and aspiration.
HERITAGE AND KNOW-HOW
Flos’ most valuable asset in the path towards sustainability is strongly related to its heritage of design icons and its technological know-how. Flos is therefore committed to actively exploiting its intangible resources to contribute to addressing the challenges that the lighting industry, both from an artistic and a technological standpoint, is facing.
In doing so, Flos aims to:
– play an active role in the development of new innovative solutions that are able to enhance people’s physical and emotional wellbeing through investing in research and technological innovation;
– promote and disseminate the art and design culture amongst the community as an integral part of its sustainability strategy.